TurmoilGG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy RPG ideas

2 posters

Go down

Fantasy RPG ideas Empty Fantasy RPG ideas

Post  ben042694 Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:04 pm

It would be appreciated for anyone who is reading this and has played an RPG or wants to can post:

Im in the process of creating and throwing idea's around for an RPG game that the players (you) want to see more of.
Im keeping the character customization open and very intense which players want greatly and world interaction in one of my top priorities. Keeping a story line is good but i also understand people want to have more customization in leveling for this reason such as creating a character then coming back and making a new one but having a difference experience. This would take alot of time but that is also one thing i will consider going hand-in-hand with the full character customization. if there is any other ideas out there i would love to have more input about any idea's at all about aspects into an rpg please post and get your voice herd. Being an rpg player myself, i will understand. Thanks for any positive posts or comments.

B.T.E.
ben042694
ben042694

Activity Points : 4400

Back to top Go down

Fantasy RPG ideas Empty Re: Fantasy RPG ideas

Post  daemon Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:31 am

Customisation is a big thing, in my opinion, however, in my case, gameplay makes or breaks a game, so in your case, I would focus on that. I'm really interested on what you are doing though.

My ideas:

Randomly generated enviroments - I'm not sure if this one is hard to do or not, but it really, really boosts the longevity of any game, any.

Fluid combat animation - For example, your sword actually going somewhat through, or into the opponent, this definitely makes or breaks the immersion.

Sky and underwater cities - This could create amazing levels of depth into a small, single area, so much exploration.

Secret stuff/locations - More of an after thought, but it's a good thing to have in your game, not only will this make people try to be more aware of what's around in the enviroment, but also, it will encourage exploration.

Pet/carrier system - As silly or pokemon-ish this might sound, a carrier, or pet system which would allow the player to sell items through their pet (I'm taking this from Torchlight), would allow the player to keep exploring without having to go back to town, and then back to the place again, which can actually make a person stop playing "Oh, I don't really want to spend 5 minutes walking back there, I'll do it tomorrow/later." etc. Coupled with random generated enviroments, this could make people keep playing for hours at times.

Those are the things I can think of when I want an RPG. I have some questions, also.

Are you doing the project alone, or with your friends? What's your experience? Any past games?

Do you accept members to join? For example, I'm a newbie GIMP user and I would love to hone my skills if I had some simple tasks, it's always nice to get thinking and experiment in order to create something that you need - right now, I don't need anything, so I'm not improving fast enough, I feelĀ·

Hope this blew some ideas into your head, and hopefully they were decent.

daemon

Activity Points : 4409

Back to top Go down

Post  ben042694 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:02 am

yes this put some more ideas in my mind. i had water cities in mind i was going to make mermaid race so the water was going to be a part of it. sky tho no i hadn't really thought abut sky like cities and environments. i was going to have a pet system but not like have him act as a merchant because in realistic aspect, say a cave crab scorpion mixed creature cant carry alot. i was going to add like Armour for pets and more for that aspect making the pets customizable with like war paint and scars from fights. and with mentioning that i was going to have a scar, tattoo and piercing like rock band if you have played that, you can choses where and how big and the colors of tattoos so the same idea for the scars, tattoos and piercings fully customizable like in real life, you want your wood elf to have an industrial bar with spike ends thats an option. and of course have the shops in the cities to do all of that except the scars. but have like a scare point system when you fight certain bosses or whatever get like a scar point and you can make a scar from it at like a recovery tavern. The secret locations is something big for me because the story line is important but have many, i mean MANY, side quests and places to explore and creatures that are unique in them. the combat would be somewhat complex but easy to learn with a max of 12 buttons in mind because there are players who want to play it on the pc, and others on console such as PS3 and Xbox and the controllers have 12 butins leaving the analog sticks to movement an and looking around. Also how some players like the third-psersn perspective like on world of warcaft or dungeons and dragons, have the option to make first person like oblivion with like the mouse scroll or taping in with the left analog. the randomly generated environments i wouldn't really randomly generate them haha but make them interesting like have no two places look the same. maby have the same trees in a way but change them, add moss and make the leaves like a dark green/grey.

and to answer your questions, I've been working on a few games alone but never like published them because the games i had in mind, were to big for one person to do. but recently I'm learning UDK, Blender and some other programs so if i learned the full abilities of these programs i don't have a doubt in my mind i could do it alone. but i would take others to help, that would be appreciated, but no one has asked yet haha so right now its a solo job. i plan on going to full sail university for game development with in the next few years. Im good at photo shop and have some hardware that help such as drawing tablet and custom built a desktop $680 that has top of the line specs but thats not about my game. but yea i would appreciate help with it if your looking to make your GIMP skills more professional.
ben042694
ben042694

Activity Points : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum